Saturday 6 February 2021

Listed

Mmm... I give thanks for Saturdays! Plan A was for a long lie in as tomorrow I had to be up and out for my vaccination, but I was grateful I woke up early enough to see the pretty sea and sky after sunrise as I made my morning cup of tea. 

I give thanks the cruise liners were so crisply visible due to the clear air and my new specs. And for so many folk about enjoying the bright day, though I wish I could have believed all of them were in their own home town. Even the crazy golf kiosk was open (though obviously not the course itself) and I give thanks for resisting the urge to go down and buy a bag of donuts - mostly, I must admit, as I wasn't sure they were doing them!

I give thanks for enjoying dabbling with various crafty stuff, in between cooking, domestic chores and the obligatory long hot bath. For managing not to fall completely asleep in it (though I certainly wasn't completely awake for the duration either!) and stirring myself to head for a little stroll around before the showers and Tesco delivery arrived. For the sight of the fascinating Wavewalker closer than ever now and ,from higher ground, six ships not sailing by.

I give thanks administrative errors can sometimes work in one's favour. Just as I was having seconds of a delicious early tea a charming doctor rang my bell advising he was visiting the housebound with Covid jabs. When I explained I wasn't housebound on a regular basis and was booked in at the hospital tomorrow, he said his list contained many errors but as I clearly needed the vaccine and he was there and could administer it on the spot he was happy to proceed if I was. I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics