Tuesday 23 February 2021

Prized

I give thanks for plans to get out and about and do some useful stuff today - it's good to create some sense of purpose especially in these difficult draining times. I was even more grateful though, as preparations to leave the premises were causing such discomfort and distress, for realising an alternative and entirely acceptable goal was a few hours under a quilt on the sofa snoozing and whimpering as required. I give thanks for my sofa, quilt, hot water bottle and TV! For cushions to plump and push and rearrange. For such pain relief as I'm allowed. For a largely grey and windy day so staying in didn't feel like missing out.

I give thanks for the way I'm always astonished by how much it hurts (and in how many places!) when I have an attack like this. I guess this kind of amnesia helps mothers have more than one baby and boxers return to the ring...For feeling a bit more capable by late afternoon and making a little headway with mysteriously accumulated washing up, and making some more preparing supper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics