Thursday 4 February 2021

Saucy

I give thanks for a pleasingly undriven sort of day, not idle or unproductive but just drifting along in my own somewhat mellow flow. As my last day off dialysis was rather busy, and I'm finding dialysis days on a bustling bay quite wearying to the spirits, I was grateful for some battery recharging time. 

For the minor culinary miracle of a roux which bemuses and amuses me every time I make a sauce with one. For a cosy and comforting flaky pastry topped fish pie and a splash of sherry in my pudding to celebrate my Covid vaccination booking this coming Sunday at the local hospital walking distance (on a good day) up the road. I give thanks this is much closer than many centres many people are travelling to even though I have a sore foot at the moment and it may not actually turn out to be a good day for walking at all. For the sense of excited anticipation, not for the process itself of course but what one hopes it will lead to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics