Sunday 21 February 2021

Barking

I give thanks for feeling less bleurgh today though still very far from hurrah! For my hands being sore but having enough energy to go out for a while and make my lower limbs match. As it was neither raining nor blowing a hooley, I figured it would either be too squishy with mud or too squashy with people in any of the obvious exercising places close to home so a walk round the lesser used lanes of the town would be my best bet and I give thanks for following this Plan A. However, just as I was about to turn left off a main residential thoroughfare onto a single track access road for a handful of dwellings, I spied a large clump of trees ahead on the right that seemed to be accessible and carried on up the hill to investigate. For it turning out to be a strip of scrubby woodland between the pavement and some garden fences, obviously well used and somewhat squishy but deserted apart from a couple heading off in a different direction with takeaway drinks from the nearby supermarket. Huge gratitude then for being able to explore on my own apart from a squirrel and a robin and a chorus of other unseen birds, and for coming across this fascinating bark pattern.

I give thanks for the making aches scheme being extremely successful and not minding doing very little for the rest of the day. For a lush deep hot bath as the mistiness crept further down the hillside so it looked like mountains were hiding above. For a film about a disappointed and cantankerous old woman intent on cresting a remote Scottish summit alone. Turned out she needed help but she got it, and oh that scenery and conveyance of the bliss of being in it! For imagining getting help to do some wonderful things again one day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics