Sunday 7 February 2021

Caring

I give thanks I make exceedingly good puddings! For last night's tasty comfort food, simple knitting, drama scenically set above the Arctic circle, fragrant joss stick burning, sparkly retro lamp turning and a fluffy blanket to snuggle under. What more could you wish for on a winter's night? It's a rhetorical question, don't give me a list! But, you know, there was someone on a Facebook group saying how much they missed physical affection these days and I'd been trying to suggest helpful ways to create the feeling of being cared for and cherished by yourself by yourself if you see what I mean! Then last night I remembered the Danish word hygge and how this expresses a  similar concept. We don't all get the cuddles and emotional cosiness we'd like, even when there's no pandemic, but most of us can create some hygge in our lives and I give thanks I do my best! 

This morning I gave a lot of thanks I could wake up late and not be in a panic about dashing up the road! I did stroll up there later as the sun was bright despite the chill and I was suffering no ill effects from last night's jab...or if I was I couldn't tell them from my regular pain and fatigue! For achieving my aim of seeing the new swan's nest, and a little later, due to other's spotting it before me and gazing in appreciation, finally being blessed by the sight of the famous local kingfisher...or one of them if there are more. It's years since I've seen one, and only ever in flight so it was a surprise how bright its breast was as it sunned itself (or maybe posed!) rather high up in a palm tree for fishing. I'd been pretending I didn't care I'd not personally had the pleasure as there's been lots of photos on line...but my delight when I did gave me away! 

Oh yes, that reminds me, I give thanks for someone posting this glorious animation

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2020/02/story-of-flowers-animation/?fbclid=IwAR2N3PeXhZGvQKgoc04ZiWegCX6TXdWf0e2wp8qX9MvHJp-FWunf-oO_GSk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics