Saturday 27 February 2021

Bare

I'm grateful I was grateful the moment I opened my eyes this morning, as I'd slept well and long for the first time for a while. From Facebook I could see I'd missed a beautiful sunrise but I can appreciate other people's photos of that - seeing pictures of them asleep doesn't work the same way! I give thanks last night's hasty supper was scrummy and for a breakfast feast of mini Danish pastries fresh from the oven while second breakfast of Cauldron sausages was cooking to go in a bun. For skinny genes and hot pants from the radiator - that's underwear not shorts despite the beautiful weather causing a surprising amount of naked flesh around today! 

I give thanks for devising a bit of a walk mostly avoiding the most obviously enticing places, and mostly ignoring considerable complaints from lower body parts. For a seat in the cemetery to rest in peace, another overlooking the bay with the aforementioned brunch and one in the park with an 'artisan' ice cream before it got too busy and I had to scuttle back indoors. Surprising star of the show though was a tarmacked town footpath with a variety of trees and shrubs peeking over the high boundaries of affluent gardens. Not exactly pastures new but I was so enchanted by bare branches, berries, blossom, interesting doorways and patterns of light that I was also especially grateful there were so few other people around and I could amble along unabashed with a delirious grin on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics