Wednesday 3 February 2021

Chipper

Well that was a bit of an odd day one way and another, though I'm grateful to say in the end a positive one. For my taxi driver's contract job being cancelled so he called me to see if I'd like to travel in with him as well as go home and, much as I enjoy a spot of solitary scenic travel, with my joints playing up something rotten and wanting to take a snug quilt to huddle under on the well aired ward, I was very grateful for that. Had to leave a bit earlier than normal as he had another booking later, but they were almost ready to put my on the machine when I arrived and started treatment unusually quickly then, due to good staffing levels, left unusually quickly too! That was very pleasing - especially as it had been a bright day and it was still pretty much light outside with pretty sunset clouds to admire.

I give thanks when I got home there was copy of the promised polite reminder letter from my renal consultant to my GP pointing out that it's about time I got a Covid vaccination...and funnily enough a missed late in the day call from the surgery asking me if I'd like to book. Would I? Non-shielders with no life limiting conditions probably have no idea how very much, and I give thanks for their blissful ignorance. 

I give thanks for cooking up some polenta this morning. Woohoo...pretend chips for tea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics