Tuesday 9 February 2021

Appointed

OK, so I've sussed there's something to be grateful for about dialysis being more of a downer since I've been ousted from a comfortably solitary sideroom... days off are appreciated even more - even cold and windy wintry staying indoors ones! I had originally planned this to be a pop up the street for a couple of things day but the wind chill factor put me right off so I give thanks the items weren't essential. Oh yes, they had to be essential, didn't they? Then I give thanks they weren't urgently so. 

I give thanks for a long and fragrant piping hot bath as I couldn't face getting undressed last night except to get into a piping hot bed. I give thanks for my electric blanket soothing my pain so eventually I could sleep and, while I soaked, for making some progress with a painfully badly written novel I'd give up on if I didn't want to reach the denouement and find out if it was worth it carrying on! For creating food and pootling with creative projects. For being able to watch the turbulent sea from the comfort of my armchair. For sorting out various NHS appointment muddles - including receiving a text asking me to call to book my Covid jab! 

For remembering an internet friend at intervals throughout the day, as this morning I heard he had died. Someone who had been going through the kind of dark time that makes everyone wish they'd tried harder to help him back to the light. For knowing enough about dark times to understand it's not that simple. For thinking about the times we made each other laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics