Monday 22 February 2021

Plant based

Mmm, I give thanks for a gloriously springlike day. My houseplants were grinning from leaf tip to leaf tip! And talking of leaves I give thanks for the sterling service two home grown potted lettuces have given, tomorrow they will finally be laid to scraggy rest and I'll see what seeds I have left to start planting afresh. I give thanks one good thing to come out of the Covid crisis has been my window sill supply of baby greens.

I give thanks for getting to the station early to peacefully enjoy the weather and the view including the Wavewalker which will soon be on its way. I always get terrible wanderlust this time of year when the sky is bright blue between bare branches, so also for trying to enjoy the journey as if I were travelling somewhere more fun than the renal unit. For a detour for Gregg's delicious vegan sausage rolls and a yoghurt topped flapjack on the way. 

I give thanks someone eventually shut the windows near the very draughty spot where I was plonked today...by the ward phone, the main corridor and other hindrances to tranquillity. I resembled a clothes horse by then, draped with so many garments and blankets! I was very grateful for the extra food for extra calories to burn, and it was nice to have contact with some different members of staff I guess. I'm still very grateful it's a day off tomorrow however. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics