Saturday 20 February 2021

Radiant

Sunny? Well, not much sign of it in either weather or my disposition today but I'm grateful I've spent some time on my yarn bomb contribution, have finished the central panel and am pleased with the result! 

There's a reason I don't do  much in the way of needlecraft any more - my hands are so clumsy and painful - but after hearing my eyesight is as doomed as my dexterity I wanted to take this opportunity to create something for the common good (humour). Like most of my projects, it's experimental and improvisational and there seems to be as much unpicking as crochet and knitting at the moment so I'm very thankful this bit, mercifully, went according to the plan in my mind's eye. 

I give thanks for discovering extra long matches. They really are extremely long and ideal for lighting several candles at once - especially ones in deep holders.

For managing to roast some peppers without incinerating  them as usually happens. 

For the rain easing off just as I was about to take some rubbish out so I could augment my clothing and extend my excursion round the block. It turned out to be a crooked block as, as usual, what seemed like far too many other people emerged from under cover at the same time and headed for the narrow gap that is the current access to the sea shore. I give thanks the sea sure was worth seeing - from another vantage point! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics