Wednesday 10 February 2021

Bitter

So Wednesday's supposed to be 'hump day' right? Well, it's certainly given me the hump in various ways, including repeatedly mistaking it for Friday and hiccups too while eating my tea which was extra annoying!

I give thanks for waking up to find a waterproof sheet had contained a mysterious urological leak. For my washing machine of course...and for having enough urological output to be able to create a leak, I guess. For remembering to be grateful although I'm not in a preferred spot on the dialysis unit at least I'm in a preferred unit.

I give thanks for cunning plans. Plan A was to book the taxi ten minutes early as a different place in the building means a different place in the schedule and staff are often waiting to put me on the machine so I feel rather rushed and awkward...but the chap in that place before me on the schedule didn't stop bleeding for ages so it was me waiting around. I give thanks he stopped eventually obviously! Plan B was to leave a little heater in the living room on a frost control setting to take the edge off the bitter chill that awaits me when the mercury is this low...but though I set up the heater I forgot to switch it on in the rush to make the early departure time! On the plus side two heaters in the big room warmed it up twice as fast! 

I give thanks today's selection of clothing didn't tip the scales too far from my pesky (and mostly irrelevant - see above) 'target' weight and, with my snug quilt tucked over me from armpits down, kept me pretty cosy until the invisible sun started setting when I quickly became more chilled than my joints and extremities prefer. 

Finally I give thanks for at last untangling and separating two balls of yarn I foolishly left next to each other on the sofa when I went out this afternoon and which have as usual spent the unwatched hours twisting themselves into improbable knots! Oh... and I give thanks when I made extra dinner last night I also made extra pudding. Maybe that will sweeten my mood! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics