Wednesday 17 July 2013

Light night

​OK, hands up who noticed the image of me in the front view finder in the photo yesterday? Be honest now... Hmm, not many of you, eh? Never mind I was grateful for finding an opportunity to be creative with my new camera even though I couldn't take pictures with it yet!

I gave thanks it was cooler last night for those of you who suffer with the heat. For me the heatwave is causing more of a mental suffering because although I love this weather, I am no more capable of going out and about every day when it's hot and sunny than when it's windy and wet. I miss being grateful for rainy days to contentedly stay indoors! I was grateful all the neighbours stayed indoors in the evening though instead of holding their usual rather raucous 'garden parties'. Sometimes it's enjoyable to hear their banter but I enjoyed a night off as well! Maybe that's one reason I narrowly avoided falling asleep with my face in my dinner as toddlers sometimes do. I'm very grateful I managed to put the unfinished food to one side before I keeled over for a long nap!

Just before lights out I looked at Facebook on my phone and was grateful to witness the bizarre coincidence that the last three status updates I could see all included black and white photos. They were from three completely different sources, different images taken at different and posted for different reasons. And yes I did have to scroll down and check for pictures in colour in case it was a problem with my eyes or the machine!

Today I've been pretty feeble but by lunchtime I was able to stir myself to make some veggie sausage rolls and fruity buns and by late afternoon I felt strong enough to go to back Argos and change that pesky card. After the latter I was extremely grateful for the former! I give thanks for another quiet night in with Mr Wallander...

1 comment:

  1. did think I saw a little bit of a reflection mmm was quite nice to see you : )

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics