Thursday 18 July 2013

Stone walls


...do not a prison make, but stone walls in your heart can incarcerate you! I give thanks for all the opportunities I have had lately to let down the drawbridge in mine. Often we save our kind thoughts and feelings for those who seem to be kind to us, so whenever people seem not to be it's a great chance to feel more compassion. I admit I find this a great deal easier in theory than in practice but even being aware of the idea that it is possible to react differently is a step in the right direction. Imagine if everyone in the world was aware in this way...aware that you don't have to condemn what you don't admire, or hate back, hurt back, argue back at the slightest slight or imagining of difference...

I was very moved today to discover how young so many soldiers are when they sign up, and how low their literacy and numeracy often is. For once I was grateful to  hear 'MPs are concerned'...I think we all should be!  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23346693

Of course, if you're not happy with the world in your teens (or beyond...) going out and killing it might seem a reasonable alternative to shutting it out http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23255526 I know this feeling very well. What world are we making eh? I give thanks that in my own small way I'm trying to change some small things here and there
Anyway, enough with the philosophy already...I'm grateful for these glimpses of the very varied mix of architectural projects up for the Stirling Prize. Stone walls, and other sorts too, can be very beautiful. Love the chapel and well done Sheffield for turning something round! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23249129

I'm grateful for breaking through the pain barrier yet again and not only getting a load of washing on (fairly easy) but even some of the previous lot ironed (not so!). I'm grateful for completing the other most necessary in house chores and that I just have to do the pressing out of house ones now - prescriptions, acupuncture et al. There may be photos ahead so I'll not actually hit post for now though I'm too tired to focus my eyes let alone a camera. Good day for practice with the 'smart' feature I'm thinking...


Later...much later: There you go. though nothing to do with stone walls of course. I give thanks for the zoom capabilities my new camera has...excellent for bypassing those teeming humans who are always wandering into shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics