Saturday 13 July 2013

Lacy days

Mmm, happiness is a long bath...with soothing oils and a brand new book. Well, new to me. It cost the princely sum of £1.29 in the YMCA and was sold to me by a man in a feathered head dress. No it wasn't, but I give thanks for my vivid and offbeat imagination. Laughter really is great medicine and you can treat yourself almost any time you like! I give thanks for knowing that despite the dark themes of the Wallander tales, the writing of their author (and translator!) is a delicate joy. It's the equivalent of the haunting music and scenery that appears in some of the film and TV adaptations.

I'm grateful I've had a bit more energy today, feeling up to a stroll in a small sunny seaside town that time forgot...luckily there was one to hand! Much thanks for bargains found along the way including ice cream and more coveted and even cheaper books - can't be bad eh?

Two siestas later I think maybe I didn't have quite as much energy as I thought, so I was particularly grateful I made my tea before I went out. Much gratitude for yummy lentils and for getting a few more sewing projects completed this last couple of weeks. Last night it was my Annie Get Your Gun skirt which you may remember from my Cheap Frills post a while back started out as a dress in a sale. The grey one next to it, a charity shop find, was a lovely shape but very plain and with a small but strategically placed tear. Now it has strategically placed lace instead! I'm rather partial to a bit of lace and you can buy a lot more of it if you love lentils too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics