Sunday 14 July 2013

Shelling out

You couldn't make this town up! Yesterday it was donkey rides on the green and stalls selling cakes and second hand books to raise money for an all female barber shop choir. Today it was a display of motor bikes and live rock music. If someone had told my fortune years ago and said 'in your fifties you'll get sick and not be able to get around easily and do the things you like to do...BUT you'll be live somewhere where so much goes on you'll hardly notice' I hope I'd have realised how lucky that was. I do now, and give great thanks for its diversity and divertissement!

I give thanks for more glorious sunshine in the day, a pretty sky after it set and a natter with Clive on the phone...

I also give thanks for mayonnaise and running water, essentials to contentment in hot weather and for an evening sampling the 'good life' of extra delights material wealth, social standing, property and comfort bring. Yes it's nice, and oh yes I covet the rug and admire the view but not to the extent of dissatisfaction with my lot I'm very thankful to say! Was pretty cool seeing the ducklings starting to break through their shells though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics