Friday 22 January 2016

Point break

I give thanks for Alan Bennett sharing his thoughts on a long dark miserable night. Sometimes it's nice to feel there's someone there even when you know there isn't.

I give thanks for the miracle that squiggles on a page, or pixels on a screen can make you feel things...

I give thanks for the miracle of finally getting my miserable self up and out to do what had to be done today. For the mild sunshine and free tea from Waitrose to sit and watch the surfers on ice blue waves off the Point. For somehow getting the very heavy shopping home...

I give thanks it was the lid of the salt grinder came off not the ketchup bottle, if it had been sauce cascading over my dinner I'd have had to throw the rug away as well as the food. I give thanks for the neighbours having fun and that I was so tired I kept falling into a nap anyway...

I give thanks for the practice of metta and food bank collection points. Sometimes the lack of opportunity to give is harder than the not receiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics