Thursday 7 January 2016

Nurture's way

I give thanks for paracetamol and excessive expletives getting me to sleep last night despite the pain. Swearing has been scientifically proven to help you know... I give thanks for more excellent dreams, though none have come true... yet!

I give thanks for having to go out for a blood test appointment, or else I might have done what my body really wanted and flagrantly flolloped instead...

I give thanks for a bus waiting outside the surgery as I emerged in the hissing rain. It wasn't heading homeward but there's nothing wrong with my spontaneity and sense of adventure so I got on it anyway...

I give thanks for the sight of a non-bearded young hipster in a skinny plum coloured suit and matching knitted beanie in a town not noted for its sartorial style. Respect, sir!

I give thanks for being a tad more comfortable this evening...and for looking forward to my tea. I always want extra nurturing when I hurt a lot, which is of course both understandable and wise, but in lieu of tenderness from others this often results in yearning for a comfort banquet of home cooked food which can be challenging to produce in the  circumstances. Sauces are stirred and batters beaten until I submit rather that optimum smoothness is reached...but if it's only me eating them who cares as long as they taste good and make me feel good. I give thanks that they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics