Monday 4 January 2016

Ancient wisdom

I give thanks for remembering you can also meditate when you're in bed and not asleep. I give thanks for rewintering my bed so maybe there'll be less awake now it's turned nippy again. I give thanks I hadn't taken my old calendar down so I could refer to it when a bunch of relevant information seemed to have gone astray within the overburdened and sometimes under organised NHS. I give thanks for almost coming up for a plan for a jaunt with Jan later this year though the logistics are proving rather illogical!

And after a busy day with many domestic and admin chores for reminding myself it's neither illegal nor immoral to pause with a cup of Earl Grey and a book in the late afternoon...even a novel! I came across a paperback reprint of a P. D. James in a charity shop the other day so old some of the patients at the psychiatric clinic are being treated with lysergic acid. Classic!

I give thanks for coming across (again) that list I made of memories to savour on a solitary trip to Northern Spain however many years ago... Somewhere between 10 and 15 anyways...

A new day with sea all around

Watching for the dolphins

If you don't start something it never comes to an end

Siamese cat with aqua eyes under the car in the station

It's a good age to be travelling. Young enough still to be

That's where it stops... and no, I can't remember what I thought I was still young enough for! Hope I'm not too old for it yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics