Thursday 21 January 2016

Just a little sharp

I give thanks today wasn't all about medical matters...and for the most part amicable when it was! I give thanks for being told I'd been 'a little sharp' in an email as this showed attention was being paid to my feelings. Though I prefer not to feel anger, let alone express it or express how I expressed it for the purposes of admiration or commiseration, sometimes it seems if you're too nice and understanding too often you're not giving other people the chance to remember you are the subject in your own life as well as an object in theirs...

I give thanks that sometimes some people are actually quite interested in what I might have to say and Cancer Research have bought me a ticket to London to tell them more...

I give thanks for still feeling quite well, and for a dark damp chilly day to get on with various overdue home based chores - letters written, laundry done, lentil stew bubbling away on the stove...

I give thanks for a very busy friend finding time to exchange a few virtual words. Sometimes being awesome all by yourself every day gets a little lonesome....

I give thanks I've finished ravelling my bolero...though if you look closely you'll see I'd not finished the sewing part when this was taken and there's still a needle attached!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics