Thursday 28 January 2016

Ex files

I've been having a bad attack of horizonitis lately - where you get irritated by seeing the same ones over and over again! I give thanks the ones I have regular access to are so beautiful of course, but that doesn't mean I don't yearn for roads less (preferably never) travelled and, if not mountains, at least more moor...or a different shore...

I give thanks I'm very careful what I wish for these days and, however unlikely the dreams I want to come true might seem to be, there's still a hint of possible in them. So, just as what I wanted to do at Christmas somehow actually happened and I came to be where I wanted to be, today by a curious conjunction of events, I got to my longed for birthday destination... and I was very grateful! Look...a horizon I've never seen before! Bliss...


OK, it's not my birthday but I don't think anything very companionably or adventurously birthdayish is going to happen then. This year it's not just a difficult date, but a rubbish day as well - a Sunday so folk will be caught up with family as well as partners, and hopeful ever afters, and not even much in the way of public transport to take my solitary self somewhere I'd like to go. I give thanks I'm happy to compromise with the universe if it's happy to co-operate with me...

So obviously, tremendous thanks to Jared for reading my mind so successfully...and for the pleasure of his company as well as his amiable chauffeuring skills around an unexpectedly large chunk of the north of the county. I give thanks for a lush lunch, lots of snowdrops (also on the wish list) and a surprise low level flypast by some speedy jets. Also for the answer to a tentative enquiry as to whether his wife knows the daughter of a man I used to (as Facebook seems to suggest) being 'Yes, she came to our wedding!'

Home now I give thanks for headphones and earplugs when the wild things are inside the building, and pain buffers to stop the aches in their tracks awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics