Sunday 17 August 2014

Vegetative state

Today I've been so utterly exhausted the biggest gratitude has to be that it hasn't mattered and I've been able to doss about dozing almost to my heart's content. There are always things that have to be done, of course, so I'm also grateful I've done some of those including preparing food to eat and (mostly) washing up after.

One of the things I made was a Greek salad with garlic bread which was absolutely delicious! Salads are a special treat for me now as the pamphlet I have says a 'salad' is two lettuce leaves, three slices of cucumber and half a tomato (or some such nonsense) which I consider poor for a garnish let alone a meal. Once in a while I just have to indulge myself a little, though I still try to keep the quantities down, and it was such a delight to actually really enjoy something for a change instead of thinking, at best, 'Yeah, this is OK...' Much gratitude for that.

I also give great thanks for discovering my taste buds are still in working order. I've been advised that kidney patients lose their sense of taste as function decreases but at this stage I'm of the opinion it's just that the stuff they're supposed to eat is so boring that they simply can't be bothered...

I give thanks for the pretty way this time of year the evening sun slants through the top of the trees at the front and the bottom of the ones at the back... and for the prospect of an early night if I can just stay awake til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics