Friday 1 August 2014

B good

I was really grateful I found something to draw my mind (and ears) away from the missed carnival last night - a documentary about the history of guitar riffs!  Music, I think, is rather like food in that you appreciate different sorts at different times. Some of the sorts featured I've yet to find the right time for, but I gave thanks for vintage footage, semi-anthropological narrative and even the odd vintage guitarist still alive and coherent, tho Chuck Berry and Kurt Cobain were my favourites...

I give thanks for being so close to sleep at fireworks time I couldn't even if be bothered to get out of bed to see what I couldn't see, for the weather staying fine for the festivities and the gloriously heavy rain that started this morning and is just right for dossing around indoors - exactly what I feel I need to do for a day or two...

I give thanks for my tea last night and lunch today tasting OK. I've not really enjoyed my food since I've been advised to cut down on so many things - if I try to be good and avoid those favourite flavoursome ingredients meals just feel wrong,  and if I give in to my urges for potassium laden foodstuffs the taste is tainted with guilt anyway, so 'OK' is OK by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics