Friday 8 August 2014

Park lie

The hardest days to write my blog are always the ones I've enjoyed the most, when it's getting late and thinking and writing seems complicated and I'd be grateful for a snooze! So that reminds me of snoozing in the meadow this afternoon when Bob went off to look at something my legs were too tired to take me to. And I sat down by the edge of a lake... and then I thought I'd maybe be more comfortable lying down... and then just 'rested my eyes'... and drifted away... I'm grateful we hadn't (yet) had the rain they'd been threatening we would have and the grass was dry and comfy. And I'm grateful I knew when rain was coming for real, and how soon, and how much, and how much time I'd need to get back up the hill so that I could do so without getting wet!

Much gratitude to Bob for coming up with the idea of going to the sculpture park because it was wonderful in the most literal sense of the word. I give thanks for all the marvellous things we marvelled over both natural and man or woman made. For public transport and persevering legs. For being in dry places for most of the rain... For Yorkshire ice cream in the sun and lots of photos to look at later and remember more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics