Saturday 16 August 2014

Fly-by-day

I give thanks for the days when you plan not to do anything - it's amazing what you then get done! Also for an awesomely long nap this afternoon when I did nothing noticeable at all...I give thanks for all the things my body did when I wasn't paying attention though!

I give thanks I've finally unwrapped my new pillows and left them in the (indoor) sunshine to air. Unfortunately I had to cut the string and tear the brown paper to get into the sturdy package...but the sturdy plastic bags they came in will make excellent yarn or fabric storage and I'm very grateful for those. I'd been wondering what I could use to make the covers I like to sew pillows into to go under the case...and then I gratefully remembered that there were perfectly good old ones on the old pillows so they've come off and have been having a good wash ready to go back on.

I give thanks for using a few scraps of my vast collection of yarn according the pattern pixies' instructions from a couple of days ago and making some 'butterflies' for a spot of future yarnstorming. I'd found some good ones on line and in books but all were either too small and finickety or too simplistic and floppy...these are quick and easy but effective and just right for the job and I've become mildly addicted to the blanket stitch alchemy that turns a simple irregular hexagon into a 'wing'! Oh, and in the second two I've discovered how to make the antennae stay straight - the pixies didn't tell me about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics