Saturday 9 August 2014

Good old something new

I give thanks for a train journey I'd never been on before to somewhere I'd never seen - very soothing to a thwarted adventuress's soul! For the (to me) unusual view of vast grain fields, wind turbines and power stations and a different estuary along the route, and for the tender way both station and train staff plus passengers helped an elderly man travelling alone and needing two sticks to walk.

I give thanks for just enough energy left to potter around a town of delightful old architecture and an astonishing array of retail opportunities. Some places are known as a 'bread basket', aren't they? This one could be called a shopping basket! Also that while waiting for some traffic to clear to get an uninterrupted view of an old row of buildings I turned the camera the other way and spotted this pretend dog on a roof... maybe it keeps cats away?

I'm grateful I've finally managed to upload the photo somewhere in this post as Blogger is in a right mood this evening... Now to have another go at the puzzling bath taps! 

I give thanks for my new room being slightly better furbished than the last and certainly brighter and with a more pleasing aspect of a pretty church rather than a dilapidated fire escape. I give thanks I don't have to leave it to get food, nor even order room service as I'm still enjoying the biggest fullest falafel wrap from a real Greek restaurant in the deli quarter at the bottom of Bob's Road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics