Sunday 31 August 2014

Viewing the situation

Last night I gave thanks for some Swedish TV not so much dark as dappled, and very watchable with scenic landscape and cast, vintage costumes and cars.

This afternoon I was very grateful for all the things I'd done this morning before going to the beach. People who say 'Oh, just leave it til later!' have no idea how how utterly exhausting a couple of hours out can be. Particular thanks for making goat's cheese pastries and better textured scones.

I was grateful for a lift down the hill from a passing friendly cab driver, and for all the screaming kids, grumpy grown ups and yapping dogs on the beach already who encouraged me to walk much further along the sands than I'd intended to find some peace and properly enjoy my surroundings. I'm grateful for all the practice I get at putting up with other people's noise but I don't seem to get any better at it! I gave thanks for the chant of metta on my Walkman to remind me to wish others well, for lots of little rests along the way and how wonderful it was when I got to a bit where it seemed to be just me and the sea and sky. I give thanks for walking back along the sea wall and rediscovering how splendid the views are from there.

I give thanks for unbridled idleness since I've returned, conserving some energy to stir myself and stir some tea. Did have a chortle at these though...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/45-earth-shattering-local-news-headlines?s=mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics