Thursday 7 August 2014

City escape

I give thanks for a pleasantly uneventful journey here and for good weather so far even though we're up north(ish)!

For the ever delightful cityscape of Sheffield with all its hills and trees, its accessibility and unselfconscious friendliness.

For getting to see Bob's much nicer new home and totally awesome room. I'd seen photos but they didn't do it justice - a great space and becoming beautifully organised too. Seriously, I've lived in smaller and pokier flats! Lovely to spend time together in warm weather as well, to amble about of a light summer's evening...

I give thanks for tasty meal at a pretty veggie restaurant we last went to together around ten years ago...

I give thanks for my own room at the pub not being as awful as I'd feared it might be from some of the Internet reviews...and for there also being gallons of hot water contrary to what some of them had said, though maybe I've run the entire tankful and everyone else will have to do without! I'm grateful I have both headphones and earplugs in my bag to insulate me from pub sounds and hopefully get an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics