Monday 25 August 2014

Emotion sensor

I give thanks for ballet dancers on Got to Dance who make you cry. It wasn't just me that was moved, and it wasn't just the beautiful way they moved, but that they'd been married and dancing together for a long long time and had come out of ten years retirement to do it. Even though the format of the programme has changed to be more commercial and competitive, and the 'live show' rounds start tonight (which have always been more commercial and competitive and therefore less to my taste) I give thanks for all the wonderful ways a body can be in motion we've seen this year, and the supportive way the judges judge them.

I give thanks for (fingers crossed) getting the hang of one side of my jumper neck sorted. I've still got to put it together to be sure, and do the other side to match of course! I give thanks for remembering, when I was struggling, to stop and do a little Tai Chi which helped me to relax and focus and do better. Oh and I give thanks for the terrace being blissfully quiet for most of the day as well, which is particularly helpful when trying to relax and focus on Tai Chi...

I give thanks for finally managing to download some documents to review for Cancer Research. It was only when I went into the email again earlier, and realised I couldn't, that I also realised today was the deadline to send my thoughts on this particular topic so it's good that I was in time to have my say.  I felt quite strongly that one of the two suggested options for graphic representation of survival figures was much more appropriate than the other ie. not showing solid and faint human figures. Have a care - these are our lives you are showing as rubbed out and ghostly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics