Wednesday 27 August 2014

New disorder

I give thanks for completing the unexpected cleaning yesterday evening when first of all a dust bag came adrift in my vacuum, and its contents got almost everywhere, and then a portion of baked beans flew out of the fridge and splodged as much of the floor as it could. I was very grateful dinner was almost cooked already as I was exhausted after sorting that lot out...

This morning I was grateful for my comfy bed and had no desire to leave it, but in the end gave thanks for all the good humoured folk I met on what might have been a boring trip to get pills and an injection. I wasn't the only one enjoying the wind and rain and wavy sea, and keen on making as much pleasure out of interaction as possible so that there were many smiles and chuckles shared between strangers and acquaintances alike. I don't think I've ever lived anywhere where people are quite so poised to have fun and am so grateful I moved here and can be part of it.

I gave thanks for getting home before heavier rain started falling and for getting the crochet neck of my jumper sorted before the post vaccination soreness set in as I don't fancy poking my arm in and out of any more sleeves than necessary now it has. For a tea tree soaked cloth, a bank bag and a laccy band to poke my poorly toe in,  and the combination of this and the murkiness making an afternoon of sofa lurking ideal. For simple snacks of mostly leftover things, for the kids next door shutting up for long enough for me to have a nap... and for the Blades flying over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics