Thursday 21 August 2014

And relax...

Yesterday evening it seemed as if pretty much everyone within earshot was doing something or other a little louder than I'd like them to, so I was grateful I hit upon the plan of wedging in ear plugs and wallowing in the bath with a book.

For most of today it's been the opposite situation - hardly any of the folk with loud voices, tools, children and dogs have been noticeable at all... Not even the gulls and pigeons which can produce such a racket themselves. I was very grateful of course, and after considering being noisy myself while I wouldn't be bothering anyone (choir practice perhaps?), I decided to be really still and quiet instead and snuggle up for another read and snooze instead. Very nice too! I can be a woman who moves too much sometimes...

I give thanks for the sound of the wind in the trees. For pottering a little with creative projects and domestic chores  (a very little with the latter!) and for having something easy to make for my tea. I give thanks for more energetic days planned for the future, one involving boats and planes on Saturday with Gary, and one with a fashion museum and a veggie restaurant with Jan next month...and lots of opportunities for practising relaxing in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics