Sunday 24 August 2014

Low expectations

At this stage is my life I'm grateful that I still occasionally have a day out in congenial company. And due to the state of my body I'm also grateful that it is only occasionally - I went almost straight to bed after writing my blog last night and fell asleep within moments...but then I had to keep waking up and getting up and doing the things I should have done before I did!

I'm grateful for a long lie in this morning and a very low key afternoon enhanced by the the louder locals all being out or quiet - very pleasing indeed! Oh, and for an internet potter that revealed a bit more bargain fabric to buy to run up some autumnal wear and an explanation as to why I like the smell of rain, and perhaps why I sometimes know it's coming...

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/08/why-the-world-smells-different-after-it-rains/378722/

I'm grateful that I like racing cars as well as planes so that I did eventually get out of bed and stay out today to keep half a dozy eye on the grand prix, and that I'm part way through making something to eat that is slightly more demanding to produce (and nutritious to eat) than tea and biscuits or toast which has been my diet for the last twenty four hours...

I'm grateful I gave up finishing off the jumper I'm making for myself because the first attempt went wrong and I couldn't get my head round the way to get it right. This meant instead I played around with some yarn and low expectations that an idea I had for a flower to go with the butterflies would work, and because nothing was expected of it it turned out just great of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics