Monday 18 August 2014

Turning out nice

I'm grateful a grey day turned out nice - for the bit that I was outside and free to enjoy it - and for seeing this sea front sculpture I'd not seen before.


I'm grateful I made it to Knit and Knatter...even though I was something that almost rhymes with natter and while getting ready to go just had to have a little doze on the bed instead!

I'm grateful for meeting, amongst dealings with medical matters, one of the district nurses who used to have to visit me regularly and him saying how well I looked.

I'm grateful for the enthusiasm with which the other members of the group have taken up the vague idea for a joint decorative project that arrived in my brain a couple of weeks' ago and are already stitching with it! One does not own inspiration, one merely offers it a place to alight in passing, but it seemed to me to be so absolutely perfect for us it would have been a shame if they'd not agreed. I'm grateful for the enthusiasm with which we laughed at thoughts of kilts (among other things!) though from the black looks we got from some of the men on the computers maybe we should try not to enjoy ourselves quite so audibly in future...

I'm grateful the person who thought they'd sent me a Facebook friend request told me...so we could ascertain that they'd actually sent it to someone entirely different and I could send them one instead...

I'm grateful for realising why the cuff of the second sleeve of my jumper isn't working before the sleeve is sewn up and on as I need to unpick a few rows to make it right. Oh, and for a 'weird weather programme I caught last night with some phenomena I'd not seen on film before, and a marine biologist called Steve Haddock! Long may little things please my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics