Friday 15 August 2014

Getting your head down

Yesterday evening I was grateful I managed to squeeze in another nap before bedtime and this morning felt as if I could probably manage a couple more today, but I figured if I tried to squeeze in everything I needed to do outside the home over the next couple of days into one afternoon instead I could have a whole weekend of lazing around and napping to follow and that seemed a good deal to me! 
One of the things I wanted to do was get a new pillow as mine are several years old and getting very floppy and thin (all that napping I expect!) and I'd rather not buy them on line as I do like to give them a bit of a feel first. In fact I've been feeling pillows for a few months and had already decided the best value feather and down ones were in a delightfully old fashioned household textile shop in a part of the coast line even more popular with the populace than here, and really best avoided in the height of the season, so I'm grateful I got my head down and ploughed through the crowds to get there. I'm grateful for surviving a fiasco with buses on the way, and another with scones, and for all the opportunities to remember all the different versions of humanity there are and that they are all valid! 
I was very grateful to discover the pillows were cheaper than I remembered and that I could afford two not one,  and paid and said I'd pick them up after I'd done a couple of other things in the town (including finding an edible scone!) And I was very grateful to discover when I returned that they'd parceled them up ready to transport! Seems a shame to unwrap them really... but I'm not sure I have the energy left tonight anyway.
I was grateful I managed to book a cab in transit to collect me from the station here as I couldn't hear much of what was said on the other end at the noisy station I was on... Oh, and I'm grateful for a fish finger sandwich for my tea having found a small brown sliced loaf reduced on the way home. There's not much sliced bread is good for in my opinion, and fish finger sandwiches is most of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics