Wednesday 13 August 2014

Anti static

I give thanks for a lovely relaxed afternoon nattering with some of the ladies not knitting today, after a rather hectic morning attending to medical and legal chores. It's been a very bustly busy week for me and I'm looking forward to a quiet day or two pottering about at home for a change with some creative projects, snoozing, page turning and a remote control...but I'm grateful for all the opportunities I've had to bustle as well as the timely chance to stop. 

I'm grateful I joined a group where there were such friendly folk to join, for the gift of cooking apples fresh from Biddy's tree and fresh made jam from Jenny's blueberries. I feel a pudding coming on, but not tonight! I'm grateful for bits of apricot and ricotta and raisin tart instead, leftover from the Italian deli and left in the fridge last night as part of my pre blood test purity programme.

I'm grateful that when I hobbled past a traffic jam with a painful knee I thought 'At least I'm going faster than the cars!'

I'm grateful for seeing a drawing done some years ago of a part of the family that then was by someone who was then part of the family. It reminded me that all things are always in a state of change...

I give thanks for the beautiful grain on the board on this derelict pub window... worth having a frame around I think, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics