Tuesday 26 August 2014

Low lying

As my joints have been far from jolly the last couple of days, and my energy levels low, I was grateful that some of the ladies who knit fancied meeting for a natter so I had a bit of motivation to get up and outdoors for a while. And I was just thinking that walking down the hill felt like descending a mountain when I looked up and saw a cloud hanging on to the high ground on the other side of the river which made that look a bit like one too! Much thanks for the meteorological reinforcement of the impression...


I give thanks for taking a couple of well driven buses to and from a local supermarket I've not been to before in a quest for a couple of products I've not been able to find in town.  It's been open a couple of years and you can see it on Streetview but if you look on Googlemaps it just shows a shopping trolley and a bus stop symbol in the middle of an empty field, so I was grateful for the amusement in that...and that I did find one of them! I'm always very grateful for our local bus services but this time of year, with the teeming hoards on board and on the roads I think the way the drivers keep their cool is amazing. I was grateful for the holidaymakers' sake that it was quite warm and sunny most of the day but for those of is for whom everything seems hard work, I'm also grateful that rain is due again tomorrow so that after I've been for my vaccination I can come home and shelter and snooze

Since I got back I've been very grateful to do very little, though I've given thanks for chopping and cooking a pan of veg because given the amounts of veg I'm allowed to eat that's two or three meals' worth at least...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics