Thursday 28 August 2014

Little issues

Today I've been exceptionally achey and tired (even for me) which I put down to yesterday's jab and have been mostly grateful to go along with. My left wrist has also been exceptionally sore so all in all a good day to lie! I'm grateful I've no one to tend to my needs or I'd have been a bit of a cranky fuss pot I'm sure...And I'm grateful I didn't have to tend to anyone else's, nor go to work.

I give thanks for my six months old and still much loved mattress, and my two weeks old and equally appreciated pillows... for the good fortune of a comfy bed when your body is not, and the strength to get out of it and bring back a mug of tea. For having the makings of a few mugs of tea and some simple meals, and things recorded to watch on TV and to read including a Big Issue to remind me how lucky I am. I give thanks that though I hear more of my many neighbours than I'd often like, it's usually just the sounds of people having a whinge or not handing emotions well, not violence or abuse or war. Though today I also heard something strangely familiar - someone recording an ice bucket challenge in one of the gardens below! I give thanks for finishing the last few stitches of sewing up my jumper...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics