Tuesday 27 June 2017

More fool me

I give thanks for acupuncture softening the blues a little, and for a suggestion of something I might enjoy joining in with later in the year. I know we just have to live in what we're experiencing now, not yearn for the past or long for the future, but when the present feels like something you wish you hadn't unwrapped there's no harm in imagining a situation in which you might feel different again. I think...maybe...don't quote me on that!

I give thanks for the pretty little puffy clouds yesterday, for pasta with homemade pesto for tea, the washing up done for me and so much homemade gooseberry fool I'm having some today as well! For rubbing arnica gel into Rachel's sore back, and remembering how much I used to love giving massages and reflexology.

For more of the same for myself today, plus Actipatches and low grade analgesics to soften the experience of a little sciatica retrospective that seems to be visited upon me. I'd been racking my brains for somewhere I could go or something I could do while I felt physically stronger...so I'm grateful I'd not come up with a plan that had to be set aside. Today's little product malfunction was easier to deal with at home anyway, and as I always feel rather slapped down by the universe when they happen I give thanks I was feeling downhearted anyway.

With so many intentions up in the air, or already crash landed, even taking things one day at a time seems over ambitious just now, and I give thanks for aiming for smaller increments, living hour by hour or, when I can manage it, moment by moment, trying to be mindful and meditate. There's been a lot of waiting to find out about stuff today...Will the recycling bins be emptied this time? Will I hear news about the roof, or where to get some legal advice that won't send expenditure through it? Will it ever stop raining in Eastbourne? See if you can guess the answers, eh? I give thanks for patience...and email communication as I'm still waiting to see if BT can sort out the billing mix up and am even more loath than usual to use the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics