Tuesday 20 June 2017

It's not fair

Oh gosh, I don't know...sometimes being grateful is so hard, isn't it? I give thanks for knowing those are the times when it's most important to try.

I give thanks for the warm sunny weather which on the whole suits me very well, though all the wide open windows mean I hear and smell I lot I'd rather not! I give thanks you can just wash and dry stuff overnight.  I give thanks dark glasses are the thing to wear as I've been rather tearful and am the world's worst liar I don't want people asking if I've hay fever or a summer cold.

I give thanks for realising there must be folk in the world who don't feel beset and beleagured most of the time... and, in trying to visualise such a state, recalling the precious moments now and then when I don't...

I have so many seemingly insurmountable and entangled problems requiring either attention, or patience while someone else decides whether they're worthy of theirs, sometimes I can't decide which to worry at next. It's very wearying so I give thanks I came up with a plan today to treat the situations like a fair, when you only have enough money for one ride must choose it and that's that. Unless any curveball news veers me off in another direction I'm only going to wrestle with one hassle a day, otherwise just bury myself in a book and pretend it isn't happening...or it is happening if it is not!

Today I had a great craving to walk in woods with the sunshine dappling down and I give thanks I could do it in my imagination as I couldn't think of any I could easily get myself to... I give thanks, feeling increasingly less physically feeble again, I did get myself outside once more however. It must be the post EPO high I get sometimes. Makes me want to do all kinds of things I can't, but I must try to build up my stamina in case one day I can...

I give thanks for the missing parcel arriving at last..and for the Tesco man giving me the best laugh I've had in a while - assuring me he was just outside my door, and then when I arrived just outside my door and he realised his mistake, reversing at top speed back up half the length of our potholey road

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics