Saturday 24 June 2017

Best thing for it

I give thanks for the mercy of sleep. Whatever ails you in body or soul, if you can sleep you can escape for a while... Though your troubles might invade your dreams of course. I give thanks one of my dreams contained nothing obviously relevant to anything bothering me at all!

I give thanks for writing one more letter to one more organisation about one of the things that bothers me that should not be going on. I give thanks I can express myself...and that sometimes people listen...


I give thanks for still having HD tennis on my TV...and for rain pausing play here and there so I could knock up a batch of feta pastries and preen myself. I've not used the main oven much on my new cooker yet and am still in awe of the fact you can just close the door and it shuts! Such luxuries...there'll be a man coming round with a tower of Ferrero Rocher at this rate, just you wait and see!

I give thanks for wearing my posh frock. Well obviously it's not that posh because a) I'm wearing it and b) I made it... but as I made it last year for occasions of a slightly smart and summery nature and there haven't been any since then, it still feels nice to slip it on. Unfortunately I'm wearing it to go to a party, and although of course I'm grateful (if somewhat astonished) to be invited to one, going on my own to a gathering where I know virtually no one is not anywhere on any list of stuff I like to do. Oh well, I give thanks for working out some years ago that one good thing about my lack of social skills is it makes everyone else in the room feel they are in comparison full of grace and charm! So I perform a vital service really, don't I, in my discomfort and dismay? As well as providing pastries...

I give thanks I've a bottle of advocaat in the fridge from which to take a swig of Dutch courage!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics