Wednesday 21 June 2017

It's not right

I give thanks for making fruit frogspawn. It was meant to be vegetarian jelly but it was sweet and cool and refreshing anyway so close enough will have to do.

I give thanks for hearing the garden birds singing and watching the greying dawn of the longest day.

For having the wits, even at my wits' end, to put in a long day of legal research and letter writing after yesterday's curveball news that the next step trying to get the roof fixed is to apply to the county court for a specific performance order. I give thanks I understand the law is on my side but still feel daunted and defeated before I even begin this process...which is the point of it I suppose. Even the most comfortable among us must have some vague awareness now that rich landlords can do pretty much whatever they like where poor tenants are concerned, and I can't help but suspect the lack of visible service charge accounts might concealing some skulduggery too. So, no matter what difficulties follow, including pretty much abandoning hope of making a sale and moving on I guess, I have to give thanks for having the chance to do something for team nobody.

I give thanks for taking advantage of a Eurosport offer earlier this year as my BBC channels have wandered off into the ether again just in time for what looks to be an interesting grass court season. It's happened before, and before BT pressured me into giving up my TV package under some seriously dodgy circumstances, so I can't blame them for it anyway... I give thanks for headphones to filter out some enthusiastic angle grinding nearby. And you can just slip them off for the pesky adverts too!

I give thanks my cut price copy Radar Keys work fine in disabled loos. It feels a bit criminal not to have bought the proper ones...but so does the price of those...

I give thanks for grudgingly agreeing to take my grumpiness down to the rapidly disappearing beach and meet Mima who thought it might be warm enough to swim late this afternoon despite my considered opinion it wasn't. For the big crashy splashy waves making our bottom halves so wet when we paddled we just had to anyway and for it being actually astonishingly warm both in and out of the water. For a 50p bag full of scones reduced at the bakers to go with a cup of tea...and a lift home after. For feeling I might sleep better tonight...or possibly even before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics