Wednesday 28 June 2017

(Not) going for a song

I give thanks for coming up with an idea that got me quite motivated for a while last night. There's a concert I want to go to, in a place that's hard to get to by public transport (and impossible to get back from late at night) and it dawned on me I could stay somewhere nearby, and thereby get a little break, and get to hear the music I would so like to. It turned out there wasn't any accommodation to be had within sensible distance of the venue, but I did enjoy the feeling that I could do something I wanted ...even though it didn't last.

I give thanks for coming up with an idea for another place to enquire about how to stop going round in legal circles. Every organisation I've contacted so far has said to talk to one of the others (if they have responded at all) so there again a little bit of optimism for a little while...before being referred back to the place I first started! I give thanks for some free advice about what to do as I can't get free advice anyway... And I give thanks the one bit of free legal help I have been able to get seems to have resulted in a copy of the service charge accounts at last. Well, I certainly have a copy of the accounts...it could just be a coincidence that after two years of asking they arrived after a solicitor stepped in, of course, but I don't think so, do you?

I give thanks for a bit less pain today so I could stop watching my inboxes (and clogging up other people's) and go and watch Mima shopping instead! For a pot of tea and a slice of Battenburg to share... For the rain because the growing things need it...and it renews my commitment to make it stop raining indoors. For it seeming likely there might cheese and onion potato pie for my tea...I've certainly made some but I'm learning not to hold on to any assumptions for too long these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics