Saturday 17 June 2017

Feel good guys

I give thanks for cheering up yesterday evening with The Real Full Monty* making me laugh out loud and cry. The original movie did too with the sensitive but amusing way it showed men it was OK to have worries about physique or age or financial status, parenting skills, sexuality or sexiness...so such a great idea to raise awareness for men's cancers recreating the dance sequence with relative celebrities. I've always loved to watch Ashley Banjo build movement to music skills and bring out a confident stage presence in unlikely candidates...but to see him slightly vulnerable and shy about performing without his Diversity persona was also touching and a fitting finale, though Danny John-Jules is, was and always shall be legend! Anyway...check out your bits now and then chaps eh? And not just admiringly!

I give thanks for tracking down some more stoma friendly swimwear at bargain prices. Not stoma specific you understand - that tends to be both too big and too expensive for me. I would so love a holiday with some relaxing in the sun...or a home with outside space or nearer the beach...but I don't know how to make any of that happen right now. So I thought if I wore a cozzy under my clothes and took a little towel when I went into town on a nice day I could get an hour or two pretending here and there. I give thanks for cunning plans...even if they come to nothing it's good to feel you can conjure them up in the first place.

As even the nearest beach was a beach too far for me today, I give thanks for the communal gardens being not too communal this afternoon and spending an hour or so there. There's no facilities for a refreshing dip so I should give thanks for a neighbour's dog giving me big wet kisses and saliva soaked sticks and balls but I wasn't that grateful to be honest you know! I give thanks for getting the laundry done and the mattress turned...and for a siesta on the sofa...

I give thanks when I was home alone waiting to die I came across an ad for folk to write to prisoners on death row and thought it was something useful I could do for a little while...and that six years on Kostas and I are still nattering away! I give thanks for the thoughtful and supportive comments he makes when he senses my self esteem needs some boosting. Imagines it might be the other way round did you? Yep, me too!

*on ITV player

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics