Friday 16 June 2017

Someone else

Well, I managed to stay awake all day yesterday! I know...round of applause I think! I give thanks for this 5 parter really helping

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-trial-a-murder-in-the-family/on-demand/63974-001

...far too gripping to nod off or to mind having to lie still!!!

I give thanks for exchanging a few words with someone who is similarly pole-axed sometimes by an invisible condition. It's hard to understand if you're not...and hard to understand what it's like not to be if you are. I sometimes think there'd be a lot less suffering in this world if we all were better at imagining what it would be like to be other people...we would do more to try and make their lives better perhaps, even out some of the having and not having that cause their pain and sorrow...instead of satisfying ourselves with the thought that someone else should do something about it, or just dismissing everyone other than ourselves and our very nearest and dearest as unworthy or unimportant. Having been often (and still) confronted with 'Well it's OK for you to have a poor housing situation because you don't have the money to fix it (or to force the people who are supposed to to)...' the news at moment, and some of the unspeakable spin and comment is making me a bit ranty... I feel like maybe I should apologise, I feel like maybe I should not!

So... back to the job in hand! I give thanks for the first big mug of tea in bed in the morning...and the second, ha ha!

I give thanks for finally managing to wash my hair, get dressed and chop some veg for some pasta. For finally getting outside to deposit rubbish in receptacles and pick up those prescriptions and packages that hadn't gone awol somewhere along the line. For a shot of vitamin D from the sunshine, for a seat at the bus stop when the wait at the taxi rank proved too much. (Sadly this shop is not in quite the right place!)


For not knowing how to make it up the hill and then pretending someone had tenderly tied a big red ribbon round my middle and was gently reeling me in. Must've worked...I'm here aren't I? Sadly I don't think pretending someone else is making my tea is going to be so successful... I must away to the kitchen and attack the leftovers before I fall asleep again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics