Friday 2 June 2017

Heaps

Standing in the rain, in pain, waiting for a late bus by the side of a busy road it's easy to feel as if you're at the bottom of the heap... so I give thanks there's always at least one passenger to make you think 'Heck no, a long way go yet!' Though that probably isn't kind, I know...

I give thanks for all the people out and about who seemed to be enjoying themselves including the little boy with a scoop of ice cream almost as big as his head!

I give thanks I've a mac, comfy shoes and a zip up shopping bag that water runs off. I give thanks though it's frustrating when things break and I can't fix them that I have the money to buy (astonishingly cheap) replacements and (just about) the physical wherewithal to go and pick them up. I give thanks that instead of presenting the two items in two almost impossibly large and unwieldy boxes like they did last time, they had crammed them into one, slightly unwieldy and slightly too heavy package instead. I give thanks for getting some other bits I needed/wanted without too much hassle and bother, including what looks and smells like a good loaf of bread but which I've not had the energy to cut a slice from since my return.

I give thanks for this lovely little wildflower bank at the end of the terrace where once there was just a heap of rubble and rubbish. For pausing a moment, putting down the big box and bulging shopping bag and just standing watching flowers in the rain...




x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics