Thursday 8 June 2017

What comes around

Well it was a very short holiday but we packed a lot of my favourite things in like stunning scenery, good company, tasty food and being driven to places not easily reached without a vehicle. I give thanks for all of the above...to Mima for taking me and for my legs taking me where she couldn't!

For leaving the county for the first time in many months...for the changing light and changing shipping in the bay, the relative clemency of the weather and the kind welcoming of Mima's relatives (and the lush homes they were staying in). For the swallows's nest under the eaves and deer foraging on the garden shrubs at twilight...


It's exactly six years since I started this blog, and five since I first wondered if I should stop as circumstances evolved, which I have several times since then...

I give thanks for people reminding me of its true purpose which was not to be a cancer journey journal but a reminder to me in producing it, and to anyone who reads it as and when, to find and take pleasure in the little treasures of each day. It is a precious thing to learn to do this in a world where the prevailing spin is often not so good. I give thanks I began...and have decided to keep on keeping on despite the fact my original reason has changed and many of my original readers have been lost along the way one way or another. I give thanks for finally understanding it doesn't matter why or what or who or when...the important thing is that it's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics