Thursday 15 June 2017

Compassion and fatigue

No news is good news at the moment it seems. I try not to pay attention what the media tells you to (let alone what it keeps under wraps) but sometimes it's hard not to, isnt it? I give thanks for all the people trying to do good in the world especially, selfishly, the people who try now and then to do good to me, sending me a message or a photo to make me smile. I give thanks I do what I can too, keeping a public journal to remind us all to be grateful, making puzzles to take our minds off woes.

I give thanks for some better news in my personal life including the bin men coming for the missed recycling at last. We only realise how much we rely on public services when they fail don't we? For finding out the lady who did look at and like my flat but didn't buy has been diagnosed with a chronic fatigue illness and didn't think it would be suitable. Well, I can empathise with that - it's not! For deciding to drop the price a little just in case it helps bring the punters in. I get exasperated when folk don't try to help themselves and give thanks I keep on plugging away as best I can. For finding out the Council's solicitor has agreed to write to the management company not providing service charge accounts, as they have been ignoring my requests and flouting the law for a long time now. Sometimes helping yourself is about asking someone else to join in...

I give thanks the docs are planning to increase my dosage of the superdrug to try to get my anaemia under control. It might help me to feel more emotionally strong if I didn't feel so physically feeble. For feeling reasonably confident I should be able to summon the energy/enthusiasm to get to the pharmacy to collect my epipen...maybe even tomorrow! Of course I would have to get dressed first, a process I've been too exhausted to contemplate the last couple of days. It cracks me up when I'm doing OK and out and about and you can see people question my disabled 'privileges'. The days when you don't see me are the ones I get them for. Meanwhile...maybe a Higgedy spinach and something pie? It's not that sort of anaemia but it's a quick and tasty snack...nowt wrong with my appetite!

I give thanks for these creative school interpretations of classical music pieces - very amusing and heartwarming
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04pc0j8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics