Thursday 29 June 2017

Pail blue

I give thanks to you for reading this! I try to limit communication when I'm stressed and depressed as almost everything I hear seems to make the feelings worse...including and especially all the negativity I spout myself of course. But though solitude and silence can keep its spread in check, you can't use a bad time as an excuse to take time off from writing a daily gratitude blog now can you? I apologise for all grumbling and groaning sneaking in and give thanks I'm trying my best.

I give thanks the cheese and onion potato pie was a great success, well apart from the potassium content of course...but hey, a girl's gotta live as well as die! A blue mood is not conducive to cordon bleu cookery but I'm aware I've not been nourishing myself as well as I might over the last couple of weeks so I give thanks for making more effort today.

I give thanks for surviving an energetic session of bailing out during the downpour last night, and being so sleepy afterwards I dropped off mid mental complaint about neighbourhood sounds - so that cloud certainly did have a silver lining, didn't it?

I've been tired and sore today and utterly disinterested in trying to get anything done except trying to get myself better. I give thanks for my bath and my bed, Earl grey and earplugs and a good book - precious balm as ever. For fragrant bubbles and clean sheets. For realising just as it's my blog, and thus can be however I want it to be...likewise my puzzles can be too. In crossword world there are many conventions and rules, practices expected and frowned upon, but I've found some pleasure today in working on one that has a whole mixture of clues - straight and twisted definitions, general knowledge, cryptic wordplay and puns. I give thanks I'm quite aware (and really don't care) it's a pretty pointless things to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics