Friday 23 June 2017

Therapy?

I give thanks for a day off from trying to fix anything but myself! In the long run I'm still sure it's good trying to make my situation better...but when it takes a lot of effort and doesn't go well it can make it feel worse for a while. I could think of a few therapeutic things that would be fine and dandy for restoring my spirits but sadly they weren't available, so I give thanks for giving myself lots of what was to try and get a bit of happy back instead - snacks and snoozing and reading, tea and sympathy and congratulations. Congratulations? Well yeah, I might not have managed to achieve much in life but for that very reason I think it's laudable I keep trying, keep believing it's worth it, keep believing I'm worth it...no matter how ludicrous it may seem to everyone else!

I give thanks though down and world weary I feel pretty healthy all things considered. For no game changing phone calls or emails to send me into a nose dive or spin.

I give thanks for the TV box/aerial/signal also doing what it could to fix itself as best it could so I got to watch some tennis this afternoon..in proper job HD with pause, rewind and fast forward too! For some folk in Swansea having dinner parties at each other's houses and making me laugh a lot...

For the almost grey out of sea and sky while gust of wind blew and a shaft of sunlight shone...


So, that was the chasm of the day got through...now how to deal with the abyss of the evening? More of the same plus a bath I suppose don't you? I give thanks for the hug of hot water, for those little winsome wish bubbles still swirling around in my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics