Thursday 1 June 2017

Snow good

I give thanks for a much needed nap on the sofa, which woke me up enough to do the evening stuff...and then a good long late sleep with a lovely dream about living in my (so far) dream flat, walking on the beach (which would be very close by) and then having a nap and waking to see snow on the roof tops (which would also be very near). Ah well...dreams do sometimes come true and I give thanks for a happy week or so believing that one might do, but it's been snapped up by some other happy shopper now. I give thanks there's no one around to see how gutted I really am about this...

It's so easy to think your life will be better when...if...and in the meantime your life goes on...until it doesn't! I give thanks for thinking about how lucky I am to know that, to know to make the best of things...for typing it and then hearing from the estate agent that the viewer of my place was interested enough to be asking about running costs. Live in the moment but don't give up on the next one being better eh?

I give thanks for more travellers' tales and photos, and dealing with the envy by thinking 'Well, I've neither the money nor the energy to go anywhere today but I shall emulate the holiday experience by not trying to run the world from my laptop or run around being a domestic goddess...' Sometimes physically doing stuff is a huge challenge for me...and sometimes not doing stuff is a huge mental one but with pain levels high and spirit levels low I give thanks for trying not to put myself under any pressure to succeed or achieve today.

I give thanks for all the folk (myself included) who realise I might seem to be weak, but actually am exceptionally strong. For having me to provide cups of tea, kindness and sympathy. For the sunshine drying my sea green towels by the window instead of browning my skin by the sea... For looking out the other side and seeing a rusting car taking root there had been removed.

I give thanks for playing with working out clues for my next crossword. Once in a while I come up with one I find particularly pleasing in its simplicity...and today's is: Airline 100 club (5)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics