Sunday 4 June 2017

Reliant cat

I give thanks I know it's best not to rely on anything in life...but I still need reminding as every so often I find I've gone and done it, duh! I was feeling a bit lost and lonesome last night, my joints were hurting, there was nothing I could do that I wanted to and I was so bored with the things I could. I realised it had been several days since I'd spoken to anything other than a cat and it felt as if I could really do with someone to cheer me up. And I was grateful I knew not to expect anyone to, or even hope they would...and came up with the idea of watching some Red Dwarf for a bit of a chuckle intead....but, I don't know, for some reason I didn't find a plot line about dying without a kidney transplant tickled the funny bones at all...

I give thanks for watching the folk downstairs and their friends playing sort of cricket outside in the gardens...that looked fun and did make me laugh.

For finding this link about loneliness which made me feel worse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/5a5db873-bc83-4159-9006-57a4d689f902

and this about gratitude which made me feel better

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/d5afc70b-cc3f-4321-960c-d11f68f24c88

For remembering to be grateful for sheets (I'm reading a book set in Ireland a long time ago where straw and a blanket were the thing) and later for modern urological technology - when it functions as it should. Sometimes you don't know what you've got til it proves unreliable!

Today it seemed as if doing nothing at all might be the best plan so I give thanks to Mima for luring me out with the promise of cake...and cleaning! Though the cleaning part turned out to be truer than the cake...I give thanks for a lift from door to door to door anyway, getting rid of some bulky recycling and tea and conversation. For the changing light in sea and sky as bands of rain passed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics